Forget-Me-Not Country Escape
- Bedford | Eastern Cape -
Step back in time and experience the luxury of the colonial lifestyle in our early 19th century house in Bedford.
Bedford village is really picturesque and full of interesting and attractive buildings as well as people. It is located in the heart of the British Settler’s country and is part of the well known Frontier Country tourism route in the Eastern Cape.
The town nestles at the foot of the Winterberg Mountains. It has beautiful tree-lined streets with abundant water from the majestic mountain and is a gardener’s paradise.
Kaga Mountain overlooks the village and creates a micro-climate that is responsible for the incredible rain forest on its slopes and the highly sought after grass veldt on the surrounding farms. Read more about Bedford.
The village was initially a stop-over support centre for migrating farmers and developed into a supply centre.
We invite you to come and explore the hinterland.
Our house is beautifully furnished in the colonial style to complement the house and is typical of the the area.
The house offers accommodation in 4 spacious bedrooms (percale cotton linen), 2 bedrooms en-suite whilst the other two each have their own bathroom, formal lounge-dining room with fireplace and TV room. Maximum occupancy, including children of all ages is 8 and must not be exceeded at any time.
Dinner is available upon request. You can enjoy dining on the stoep or in the tree-filled garden.
Forget-Me-Not has a sparkling pool for the exclusive use of its guests.
Secure off-street parking.
No smoking indoors - No pets allowed
Rates - Bed & Breakfast:
- Pink/ Lavender room – Double rate R475.00 per person sharing B&B
- Blue/ Maroon room – Double rate R425.00 per person sharing B&B
- Pink/ Lavender room – Single Rate R550.00 per person B&B
- Blue/ Maroon room –Single rate R500.00 per person B&B
- Extra person Breakfast – R75.00
- Packed Lunches- R85.00
- Dinners – R145.00
- Children under 12 years – 50% of adult tariff.
- Children under 2 - free.
- 2 month before stay date: 100% of deposit will be refundable, less an admin fee of R250.00.
- 4 weeks before stay date: 50% of deposit will be refundable (thus 25% of total booking).
- Less than 4 weeks before stay date: 0% of deposit is refundable and you will be liable for the full booking amount. No refunds will be made for shortened stays.
Please note that we recommend you obtaining travel insurance for cover in event of cancellation.